PI support group is a cohesive network of caregivers who meet monthly to share knowledge, decrease their isolation and increase their stamina to continue their caregiving in a healthy and dynamic way.
The atmosphere is non-judging and confidential. Caregivers support each other by sharing from their own experiences and listening with attention and care. Those who attend regularly find the process empowers them to make necessary changes, think more creatively on how to manage the daily demands and generally become more healthy and flexible in their caregiving roles.
- All caregivers are welcome and encouraged to attend our Caregivers Support Group. You do not need to have a participant at PI to join our support group.
- The support group meets on the first Wednesday of the month from 4:30 to 6:00 PM at Project Independence.
- Project Independence Staff are available to provide respite care if it is necessary to bring your loved one with you. Please let us know the week before the meeting so we can staff accordingly.
- For more information, call 802-476-3630 or email: email@example.com
Additional Caregiver Supports
- Books, DVDs and Videos on caregiving are available for loan
- Individual caregiving support sessions by appointment
- Check out our monthly article in the World; “Sharing Your Care”
- Educational events with experts in the field of caregiving
- PI staff are a rich resource for caregivers; offering tips, techniques and the available community resources in our area