Project Independence Nursing Staff consists of 1 RN and LNA’s.
Our focus is on health maintenance and coordination of health care services for our participants. Care is coordinated with:
- Doctors & Health Providers
- Families & Caregivers
- Central VT Home Health and Hospice
- Central Vermont Council on Aging
- Washington County Mental Health
- Local Emergency Room
- Emergency Medical Services
Health monitoring done here at Project Independence includes:
- Vital Signs
- Blood Sugar
- Foot Care
- Medical & psychiatric assessments as needed
Medications are given as prescribed, if needed, during the hours the participant is here at Project Independence.
Physical therapy and occupational therapy care plans are set up by participant’s physical or occupational therapist. We have a daily exercise program to help maintain strength and balance.