Project Independence contracts with Green Mountain Transport Agency (GMTA) to provide transportation to and from our site.
- GMTA has regular routes in a lift-equipped van for our participants.
- The driver will assist participants on to the van.
- Project Independence will set up your ride schedule for you.
- There is no charge to the participant.
- Cancellation notice must be given to GMTA 24 hours in advance.
GMTA is always looking for volunteer drivers for participants not on the regular routes or for participants that need to be picked up outside of normal route hours. We can arrange for a volunteer driver, however, there are not enough volunteer drivers so there is usually a wait-list for this service. A family member or friend can sign up to be the volunteer driver and GMTA will reimburse their mileage.
For more information about GMTA, please visit their website: http://www.gmtaride.org/main.php